This could turn out to be your new favourite thing 🙂
So fantastically delicious. This will serve two people, but you could also make it last over four portions by adding protein.
Last night I whipped this up with the leftovers…
- Cooked up some skin-on chicken thigh with lemon, salt & pepper in a slow cooker.
- When they were done I transferred them to the air fryer to crisp up the skin.
- Whilst that was happening I put the rice in the slow cooker on high to warm up. It soaks up all the juices from the chicken and is out of this world tasty.
On to the recipe…Print
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion ((finely diced))
- 1 clove garlic ((minced))
- 1 tsp ginger ((minced))
- 2 tbsp gochujang
- 250 g kimchi ((1 cup))
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil ((toasted))
- 200 g rice ((weighed dry) (I prefer long grain rice) (1 cup))
- 60 ml kimchi juice ((strained from the kimchi) (1/4 cup) )
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds ((toatsed))
- 1 spring onion (finely sliced)
- 2 eggs ((fried or poached))
- Cook your rice according to the instructions on the packet.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan to a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for 3 minutes until the onions have become translucent.
- Add the gochujang and cook for 2 minutes
- Chop the kimchi and add to the pan with the tamari & sesame oil and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the rice
- Transfer to two plates and top each with a poached or fried egg, shredded nori, spring onion and toasted sesame seeds.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: korean
- Calories: 559
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 242
- Fat: 14
- Saturated Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 92
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 15
- Cholesterol: 164