A wonderful, flavour-packed summer veggie dish. Fresh and light, yet deeply satisfying and filling.
Wow, this has got some flavour. The lightness of the burrata, combined with the herby and zesty chimichurri and the flavour in the grilled veg are an amazing combination.
This is really very easy to make too. I’d suggest making the chimichurri ahead of time. It seems to benefit from 30 mins to a few hour’s resting. It’s also fantastic to have on hand right throughout the summer for any meat dished you do too.
Speaking of which, adding some perfectly cooked flank steak (bavette) to this is a treat you must give yourself at least once in summer.Print
Grilled Courgette & Pepper with Burrata & Chimichurri
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp rock salt
- 1 red chilli (finely minced)
- 1 1/2 cups parsley
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/4 cup mint
- 2 tbsp coriander
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 red peppers
- 2 courgettes
- 2 tbsp za’atar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 285 g burrata
- 60 g rocket leaves
- Use a pestle and mortar to break the garlic and salt down to a rough paste.
- Add in the chilli and grind again.
- Add in the herbs, lemon zest and lemon juice. Grind down to a rough consistency.
- Add in the olive and mix.
- Bring a grill pan to a high heat.
- Mix the pepper, courgette, za’atar, olive oil, lemon juice and salt in a bowl.
- Place the individual pieces of courgette and pepper on the grill pan in a single layer and cook both sides.
- Break up the burrata and spread on a plate.
- Spoon a good amount of the chimichurri over the burrata.
- In a bowl toss the grilled veg, rocket and a few generous spoonfuls of the chimichurri.
- Arrange this on top of the burrata and serve immediately.