This is a real go-to meal for us at home. One pot slow cooker chicken thigh with new potatoes and broccoli.
I’ve steamed the broccoli separately just before serving because I prefer it that way. But you could easily put the broccoli in the slow cooker an hour before serving too.
You’ll also notice that as well as tossing the broccoli in a little salt, pepper and butter, I recommend tossing the new potatoes in those too.
It’s not essential, but I do find it really brings the potatoes to life, having been cooked in the slow cooker for 6 hours.Print
- 4 skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon
- 150 g new potatoes
- 200 g tenderstem broccoli
- 5 g butter
- Arrange the chicken thigh in the slow cooker so they are all touching the base evenly.
- Squeeze the whole lemon over the chicken thighs.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the chicken thighs.
- Place the potatoes on top of the chicken.
- Cook on low in the slow cooker for 6 hours, or on high for 3.5 hours.
- When ready to serve, steam the broccoli then drain and toss in the butter and a little extra salt and pepper if you like.
- Alternatively put the broccoli in the slow cooker 1 hour before serving.
- I also like to remove the potatoes from the slow cooker and toss them in any leftover butter from the broccoli. This adds a sheen to them, which can be nice after they've been slow cooked.
- Plate everything up and divide the juices in the slow cooker between the two plates by pouring over the chicken, potato and broccoli.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Category: dinner, Main Course
- Cuisine: paleo
- Calories: 750
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 1423
- Fat: 48
- Saturated Fat: 13
- Carbohydrates: 26
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 53
- Cholesterol: 283