Succulent slow cooked lemon and pepper chicken thighs are the star in this unbelievably delicious take on a healthy burrito.
Fantastic easy midweek meal this one. Succulent, juicy slow cooked chicken thighs that can be put on before you go to work in the morning, so when you get home to the sweet smell of slow cooked lemon pepper chicken thighs, all you need to go is cook up a bit of corn and broccoli and you’ve got a nourishing meal for two.Print
Slow Cooked Chicken, Broccoli & Blackened Corn Burritos
- Total Time: 6 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 4 skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 lemon
- 125 g sweetcorn
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 250 g broccoli
- 3 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 2 tortillas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange the chicken in your slow cooker. Squeeze over one lemon and a 1tsp of salt and several turns of a black pepper grinder.
- I tend to go 6 hours on high in a ceramic Crockpot which gets the chicken nicely brown. However, 6 hours in an older Crockpot of mine would leave the meat overcooked. If you’re unsure, go 6 hours on low which will cook the chicken, leave it nice and tender, juicy and falling off the bone. You can make any decisions from there about getting it browner. As a side tip, if you have an air fryer, put the chicken in the air fryer for 6 minutes at 190f after it’s been slow cooked to get it brown. You can put the slow cooker on before you go to work in the morning if yours has a timer function.
- Bring a pan to a medium high heat, add 1 tsp olive oil and your sweetcorn, along with 1 tsp salt. Cook until the some of the corn has gone dark brown / slightly black.
- Bring a shallow pan of water to the boil, cut your broccoli into small florets and steam for 5 minutes, until they are tender and still bright green.
- When you’re ready to eat, pull the chicken away from the bones and cut into strips. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the corn, broccoli, mayo and hot sauce. Taste as add any extra seasoning if needed. You should find it’s probably about right without anything extra because of the seasoning on the chicken and corn.
- Heat your favourite tortilla on both sides to make it pliable. Use half the filling mix for one burrito, roll and cut if desired. Repeat for the second burrito.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Category: dinner, lunch