I just picked up some beautiful beef strips from The Green Butcher, an organic, pasture fed and regenerative farm and wanted to do something quick and simple.
What better than every university student’s signature dish, a stir-fry.
The trick to a good stir-fry is to get some colour on the beef by cooking it on a high temperature for a short amount of time. And then by not overcooking the veggies.
I’ve added egg noodles to this dish because they’re insanely easy and tasty, but rice is the other go-to option.
I’m cooking with tallow rather than seed oils because it’s way healthier.Print
Easy Beef Stir-Fry with Egg Noodles
Every university student's signature dish.
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 2 tbsp tallow
- 400 g beef strips
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp mirin
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp potato starch
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 red chilli (deseeded and thinly sliced)
- 1 thumb fresh ginger (peeled and grated/minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (grated/minced)
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 red pepper (cut into thin strips)
- 1 carrot (julienned)
- 1 spring onion (thinly sliced)
- Bok choi (sliced)
- 3 tbsp water
- 200 g egg noodles ((dry weight))
- In a bowl whisk together your egg, tamari, mirin, oyster sauce and black pepper. Add your beef strips and marinate for 15 minutes whilst you prep your veg.
- Get your pan nice and hot. This way you'll get nice, crispy beef with colour.
- Put 1 tbsp of your tallow in the hot pan and then remove your beef from the marinade and lay it evenly in the pan. Save the marinade.
- When you have colour on your beef, transfer it to a plate to rest whilst you work on the vegetables.
- Get your egg noodles in hot water as they take 5 minutes.
- Remaining 1tbsp tallow into a pan.
- Garlic, onion, chilli and ginger in the pan for 1 minute.
- Add your pepper, carrot and sprig onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix the potato starch with the marinade, add to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the bok choi and cook for 1 minute before adding the beef back in for 30 seconds.
- Serve with rice or egg noodles.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes