Quick pickled red onions will transform just about any dish, I use them all the time. Whether it be on steak, fish or bagels, they add incredible flavour contrast.Print
Quick Pickled Red Onions
- 3 small or 2 medium red onions
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp salt
- Top and tail the onions, cut them in half and the cut from top to bottom (pole to pole).
- Transfer to a glass jar.
- Bring the vinegar, salt and water to a simmer and then add to the jar.
- Let cool and then refrigerate.
- Use after 30 minutes. They’ll last for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.