It’s everyone over to yours for Sunday brunch with this recipe under your belt.Print
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Yield: 2 1x
- 10 stalks asparagus
- 10 rashers of streaky bacon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Cut about about 3cm off the base end of the asparagus to get rid of the woody, fibrous parts. If you want to taste the difference, cut a tiny piece from the very base and taste it, then a piece from the stalk you're using. There should be a marked difference in taste and texture; that being the main stalk tastes good raw and the woody end is fibrous and tastes bitter.
- Toss the asparagus in the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Wrap each stalk of asparagus in one rasher of bacon.
- Air fryer method: Preheat your air fryer to 160c and then cook for 9 minutes.
- Oven method: Preheat oven to 170c and cook on a wire rack tray for 18 minutes.
- Serve with poached eggs and grilled sourdough for a fantastic Sunday brunch.
- If you’re looking to eat less oil you can leave it out, but your asparagus tips will get a bit brown. If you don’t mind that, you’re good. A middle ground would be to only oil the tips.
- Try to wrap the bacon with little or no overlap. I like to wrap it and then go back to make little adjustments, making it tighter and getting rid of any overlap as I go. You can always trim the bacon if there’s too much for the asparagus you’re using.