- 4 boneless skinless chicken thigh
For the marinade
- 150g natural yoghurt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp tandoori spice mix
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
For the salad
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 a cucumber
- 2 baby gem lettuce
For the salad dressing
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
For the sauce
- 50g natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp fresh mint
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 green chilli
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Thinly sliced red onions or quick pickled red onions
- If you bought bone in skin on chicken thighs (which I recommend because it’s cheaper), remove the skin and cut away the bone. Place those in a bowl.
- Add the marinade ingredients to the chicken in the bowl and mix well with your hand. Cover and refrigerate to marinate for as long as you can stand it. Give it at least 30 minutes, but overnight would be better.
- When you’re ready to go, place the thighs in the air fryer and cook for 8-10 minutes at 190C. Turn them over and cook for another 8-10 minutes at 180C.
- Whilst they’re cooking, prepare your salad. Tear your little gem lettuce leaves. Romaine lettuce works well here too. Place in a bowl.
- Halve the tomatoes and add to the bowl.
- Ribbon the cucumber. Add the ribbons to the bowl. Set this to one side until you’re ready to serve when you’ll add the oil and lemon/lime juice.
- Blend the sauce ingredients together.
- When you’re ready to serve, toss the salad ingredients with the oil and lemon juice. Arrange on your plates and top with the tandoori chicken. Drizzle the yoghurt sauce generously over the top and finish with the red onions/pickled onions.
- I sometimes like to serve this with a simple homemade flatbread, or naan. Of course rice is great too.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 20
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Indian