Just 10 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to cook, teamed up with sriracha mayo, these air fryer crispy chicken tenders are sure to be a hit!
These air fryer crispy chicken tenders are perfect for Netflix and chill, or a cheeky lunchtime treat. If you’re working from home, they can be made in a total of 20 minutes, no problem. They don’t have too many ingredients either, so after making them a few times, you probably won’t even need a recipe.
If you’re in the UK, you’ll maybe know these as chicken goujons or chicken strips.
I’ve used Korean chilli powder in the recipe, but you could easily substitute for chipotle chilli powder.Print
- 450 g chicken breasts (cut into strips)
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 25 g panko breadcrumbs
- 25 g breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Korean chilli powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch pepper
- 55 g mayo
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 10 g chives
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Whisk the egg wash ingredients together.
- Mix the breadcrumb ingredients together.
- Arrange the bowls so you can dip the chicken in the egg wash with one hand and move it to the breadcrumb bowl, then cover it with breadcrumb with the other hand. The idea is that you keep one hand dry all the time.
- Fill up the air fryer with your first batch, spray them with a light covering of olive oil and get them going for 11 minutes at 195C. Turn them over halfway through and spray again with olive oil.
- Lay out the second batch on a tray of some kind.
- When you cook the second batch you’ll only need to do them for 10 minutes as the air fryer will be preheated. If you forget this, don’t worry too much, one minute over isn’t going to be a disaster.
- Finely chop the chives and mix all mayo ingredients in a bowl.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving Size: 1/3 of the recipe
- Calories: 449
- Sugar: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 1374.1 mg
- Fat: 22.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.7 g
- Protein: 41.4 g
- Cholesterol: 226.3 mg