This is a fantastic little wrap. It’s completely gluten-free since the wrap itself is made from just three ingredients; egg, coconut flour and salt. A real winner for anyone looking for a tasty little lunch. Great for dinner too, actually.
I’m a real fan of these egg wraps. For anyone wanting a gluten-free wrap, these are a game changer.
Just three ingredients make up these beauties and they couldn’t be simpler.
So think of your favourite wrap ingredients and get them inside one of these egg wraps. I’m willing to bet you’ll love them.
All The Flavours
In this recipe we’re filling them with a bevvy of complementary favours…lemon & pepper chicken, pesto, mayo and rocket (arugula). Yum!
At the time of writing this I have another egg wrap here, which I called a breakfast wrap. Truth be told, these wraps will fit in most meal situations – breakfast, lunch or dinner. Especially if you tailor them with your own fillings.
In fact, as I write this I’m thinking about making a larger egg ‘tortilla’ and making a stonking sausage and beans breakfast burrito.
How To Make Egg Wraps
These egg wraps are really simple to make. You’ll find the full recipe below, but here’s an overview:
- You’re going to heat the coconut oil in the pan on a medium heat. Getting the right heat for the first wrap of the session is perhaps the trickiest thing.
You’re looking for a very small amount of sizzle as you put the egg mixture in. Any more sizzle than that, turn down the heat to allow it to cook enough to flip, but without getting too brown.
Once you’ve found your heat level, any egg wraps you do after are much easier.
- So get your egg mixture whisked and smooth. Try not to add it to the middle of the pan because you run the risk of it displacing the oil, resulting in the wrap sticking in the middle.
Instead, pout the mixture around the middle of the pan and let it fill in as it runs, or encourage that by moving the pan around. You’ll see all of this in the video below.
If you’re using a nonstick pan, you won’t experience any of the sticking I was just referring to. I really dislike nonstick because of the health concerns, so my instructions always relate to cast iron. For an up to date list of my kitchen kit, click here.
Egg Wraps with Pulled Lemon Pepper Chicken Breast, Pesto & Rocket
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 4 tsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 80 g fresh basil leaves from about 3 large bunches
- 100 ml olive oil
- 35 g pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 30 g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 g rocket leaves
- ½ tsp olive oil
- Mayo optional
- Preheat and oven to 200c.
- In a baking pan, place one sheet of baking parchment. Place the chicken breasts on top. Squeeze the lemon over the chicken and add the salt and pepper.
- Cover with another piece of baking parchment and then seal the whole thing with foil.
- Cook for 18 minutes.
- Whisk 2 eggs, 2 tsp coconut flour and ¼ tsp salt.
- Heat a pan to a medium/low heat and melt down a thumb of butter or coconut oil.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and leave for a few minutes, checking it’s not too hot. After a few minutes it should be firm enough to turn over with a spatula.
- Cook for 1 minute on the other side. Repeat for the second wrap.
- Grind all ingredients in a food processor until your preferred consistency is achieved.
- Pull apart the chicken breasts with forks so it’s shredded.
- Place one of your egg wraps on a plate. If you have some mayo, this can be a nice addition here, so spread it thinly on the wrap.
- Dress the rocket salad in the olive oil and add to the centre of the wrap.
- Top with the shredded chicken and roll the whole thing up.
Related: 11 Amazing Health Benefits of Eggs