If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious meal, look no further than baked sweet potatoes stuffed with pulled pork. This recipe is simple to make and perfect for a weeknight dinner. Plus, it’s high in protein and fibre, making it a great choice for those who are trying to eat healthy. Let’s get started!
The smoky pulled pork pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the baked sweet potato. If you’re looking for a delicious and easy weeknight meal, this recipe is definitely worth trying.
I’ve kept the topping for this baked sweet potato simple, but delicious. It’s a lime and spring onion crème fraîche and pickled red onions. This gives a beautiful, textured, creamy and acidic pairing to that spicy sweet pulled pork.
How to make pulled pork sweet potatoes
Making baked sweet potatoes is incredibly easy. Simply preheat your oven to 200 degrees C (390 degrees F) and prick the sweet potatoes a few times with a fork. Then, bake them in the oven for 45-60 minutes, or until they are soft when poked with a fork.
For the pulled pork, you can either make it yourself or use store-bought. If you’re making it yourself, this recipe of mine will give you tender, fall apart smoky pulled pork using a slow cooker.
If you’re using store-bought pulled pork, simply heat it up in a pan on the stove until it’s hot.
I like to add lime and spring onion crème fraîche, quick red pickled onions and some red chilli flakes. You’ll find everything you need in the recipe below.
Is baked sweet potato healthy?
Baked sweet potatoes are really nutritious so they are a healthy choice for a meal. They are high in fibre, beta carotene. Plus, they’re delicious and easy to make. You can find out more about the nutrition facts and benefits of sweet potatoes here.
How to cook the perfect baked sweet potato
There is no one perfect way to cook a baked sweet potato, as everyone’s oven and preferences are different. However, here are some tips to help you cook the perfect baked sweet potato:
– Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C (390 degrees F).
– Prick the sweet potatoes a few times with a fork.
– Bake them in the oven for 45-60 minutes, or until they are soft when poked with a fork.
Why poke holes in potatoes when baking them?
The holes allow the steam to escape, which helps the potatoes cook evenly. If you don’t poke holes in them, they might burst or get soggy.
I hope you give this delicious pulled pork baked sweet potato recipe a go. If you give it a try, be sure to let me know what you think by rating it and leaving a comment below. And don’t forget to share it with your friends and family – they’re going to love it!Print
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 recipe Slow Cooked Smoky Pulled Pork
Spring onion lime crème fraîche
3 tbsp crème fraîche
1 tsp lime juice
2 tbsp spring onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp pickled onions
1 tsp chilli flakes
- Pierce your sweet potatoes with a fork several times. Rub them with the olive oil and salt and place on a baking tray. If you want a little less cleanup, use some baking parchment on the tray. Bake in a preheated oven for 45 to 60 mins at 200 degrees C (390 degrees F).
- Heat up the pulled pork in a frying pan.
- Combine the crème fraîche, lime juice, spring onion and salt in a bowl.
- To serve, cut the sweet potato lengthways, divide the pulled pork between the two sweet potatoes, filling them in the centre.
- Top with the crème fraîche and top with pickled onions (if you have them), black pepper and chilli flakes.
- Piercing the sweet potato with a fork stops them exploding or going soggy.
- If you don’t eat pork this could be made with chicken, beef or lamb.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: smoked pulled pork baked sweet potato