- 1 slice sourdough
- 1 avocado
- 150 g peeled and deveined shrimps (or sub for prawns)
- 1 tbsp mochiko rice flour (or regular flour)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Mash your avocado in a bowl with 1/2 tsp salt and juice of half the lemon. Set aside.
- Pat the shrimp dry.
- In a bowl combine the flour, paprika, cayenne, 1/2 tsp salt. Add the shrimp to this bowl and set aside.
- Bring a pan to a medium heat and add the butter. Once melted add the minced garlic and cook until golden brown, which will take around 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the garlic to a small bowl and set aside.
- Get your bread toasted.
- Without cleaning the pan, get it back on a medium high heat. Add the olive oil and then the shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes on each side until they have some nice colour.
- Add the garlic back in to the bowl and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Butter your toast, top that with the smashed avocado and then the shrimp. Season with a bit of black pepper if you fancy it and serve with a slice of lemon.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes